RatsPacNW Rat Fanciers Club
RatsPacNW Policies & Rules
RatsPacNW is a social welfare club open to fanciers and breeders of rats. Most of our members are located in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia but membership is not limited to these areas.
These Policies and Rules shall describe the duties and responsibilities of members and appointed committee positions and describe other guidelines within RatsPacNW that are not incorporated into the Constitution and By-Laws of the club.
No rules or policies may contradict The Articles of Incorporations and Bylaws of RatsPacNW
These rules and policies shall be:
Members are expected to abide by the objectives and membership requirements as stated in the Bylaws of RatsPacNW.
Member Code of Ethics
Concern for Domestic
rats kept for pets or breeding:
Integrity, Ethics, Professional Standards
Shows and Events
Hosting a RatsPacNW show or sponsored event:
Members in good standing are encouraged to participate by volunteering or hosting events (shows, rat chats, get-together's).
a. Sponsored rat shows and events may be held in various areas.
b. Members whom are approved to host a show shall be considered Show Directors.
b. To hold an approved show, prospective Show
Directors shall present to the Executive Board:
c. The Executive Board may ask for further details and/or may make recommendations or suggestions.
d. Executive Board shall make the decision as to wither the show location will be considered and if so allow it to be presented to the general membership.
e. The Show Director upon having their show approved shall abide by these rules, the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws of RatsPacNW.
f. As per the Bylaws: The director shall keep a financial report of their expenditures and income working in close collaboration with the RatsPacNW Treasurer and submitting a written report to the Board of Directors at the conclusion of the event.
g. As per the Bylaws: Turn over remaining funds to the RatsPacNW treasurer within 30 days of the events conclusion.
CONDUCTING A SHOW
The Show Director shall:
1. The rat show will be open to members and non-members. ALL entries, including table reservations for rat sales by RatsPacNW members MUST be postmarked or entered online no later than the specified date.
2. All rats must be pre-registered three weeks in advance. This means, pre-register any rat you MAY wish to bring for show or sale.
3. Ages (month and year of birth) will be required on entry form.
4. The kitten class will be for ages 8 weeks to 14 weeks.
6. All rats will go through health check. None will be admitted if it is felt they may carry ANYTHING detrimental to the others - Including problems with mites, lice, skin, eyes, ears, respiratory, etc. Please DO NOT bring sick or contagious animals, there will be no safe place for them.
7. Rats may only be entered into one standards class, unlimited pet classes.
8. Both neutered and spayed rats are allowed to be shown.
9. Rats must be shown in their natural condition – no dyeing, plucking, trimming or other ways that may deceive the judges. Washing, trimming nails, and normal grooming are accepted.
10. Rat Sales, Trades, Drop-off, etc, may
only be conducted by paid members of RatsPacNW.
11. Exhibitors may not interfere with judges nor may they make themselves known to the judge.
12. Owners or their representative may not remain at the judges table.
13. Judges will quietly step down or not accept judging a class in which they have a rat bred by or shown by them on the table.
14. Exhibitors will provide their own show boxes and bedding.
15. Judges have sole discretion on choosing the most appropriate rat for each Best of Variety based on what they feel is the best of the variety being represented regardless of overall end scores. i.e. a rat with a score of 95% may win over a rat scoring 96% IF the rat with the higher score has white feet in a self class and the lower scoring rat is a perfect self but docked for a lesser fault.
Unregistered Show Rats: Transporting Rats
for Trading & Exchange Outside the show building
Rat Standards Committee:
2. The chairperson will select four qualified members in good standing to serve on this committee. The reign of this committee shall be one year.
3. The duties of this committee shall be:
Proposing a new rat standard for a new
variety, marking or color:
Amendments and Alterations To These Policies & Rules
The membership may amend or repeal these Rules and Regulations. The President shall present the proposal to the membership present at the general membership meeting and open the floor to discussion. Any amendment shall become effective upon passage.
RatsPacNW is a 501(c)4 non-profit organization.